Friday, April 9, 2010

Jack Frost: Level 38, Mooshu-Finishing Time! AND Sword Collecting!

Jack recently reached Mooshu, and got to LEVEL 38! Yeah, so he didn't reach 50 by the end of that week (I know we were all expecting it), but 38's pretty good! He got caught up in parties, apparently...silly Conjurers...but anyway, he's learned Minotaur and Minotaur Minion, and he is SO excited for Earthquake!



Now, lately I've been building up my sword collection--that's right, you know the swords you can win from bosses and such? Not athames, but wands! The ones I'm after are those that do 100 damage. Here is the list of bosses that drop these swords (most of 'em are in the Drake Hatchery/Labyrinth, so be sure to stop by those areas next time you hit Dragonspyre).



Giant Homonculus: Drake Hatchery--Longblade of the Homonculus, Ice

Avalanche: Drake Hatchery--Avalanche's Legendary Cutlass, Myth

Valeska Redwind: Drake Hatchery--Redwind's Viridian Blade, Life

Vladimir Darkflame: Labyrinth--Dean Darkflame's Cleaver, Fire

The Hoarder: Drake Hatchery--Shockblade of the Hoarder, Storm

Ivan Soulsinger: Drake Hatchery--Soulsinger's Soulsword

Property Master: Labyrinth--Sword of the Steward

Here's some tips for farming these guys:

1. With Avalanche, Soulsinger, and the Homonculus, JUST KEEP FARMING!! Bring some friends too--even when you have friends farming with you, the drop rate of whatever boss you're fighting is not lowered. After one round, check your loot, and if you're low on health, mark at the instance, go back to the Atheneum and fill up your mana/potion. Then you can sell the loot you collected and head right on back! Oh, and quick side note: these three bosses are all the same type as the sword they drop.

2. For the Hoarder...she's Balance, unlike the Storm sword she drops. She enjoys walking around the upper part of the Drake Hatchery, so after you kill her once, you'll have to either wait until she respawns, or you could switch realms. It took my friends and I a pretty long time to get her sword, but if this happens to you, DON'T BE DISCOURAGED! It's an awesome sword, so it's worth waiting for. Plus, you can get some great extra loot to either wear or sell!

3. I already own the swords of everyone in the Drake Hatchery (except Valeska), partly because they're the easier ones to farm, and partly because I haven't had the patience to get through the Labyrinth a billion times. I have done it twice, however (with Jack), and this is what I discovered: almost every single boss in the Labyrinth drops a sword. The Property Master and Vladdy drop the 100-damage ones, but most of the others drop those 95/90-damage swords. HOORAY! In fact, Jack got the Saber of the Gallium Paladin, which happens to be a Myth sword. Okay, so the Property Master is Life, and Darkflame is Death. I happen to really like Vladdy's sword, so I'm hoping I get it SOOOON!

4. Valeska Redwind. My arch-nemesis, I think. In a past life. Or something. I know hate is a strong word...so I'm not gonna use it. I've actually only fought Valeska once, on the Dragonspyre quest to defeat her. Yeah, you can guess how that went...didn't get the sword. :( But seriously, I want that Life sword!!! The tower is kind of excruciating, so try it out with a friend or two (a Diviner or Theurgist if possible--you guys know I love you). Valeska is Myth, which is kinda.............weird? I strongly dislike this lady, but I'll probably like her more once I kill her a few times. And get her sword. That would be mighty fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment