Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year! And my favorite spells!

I just wanted to wish you all a happy 2010, and I hope you had a great New Year's celebration! Now, I devised a list of my favorite spells and the reasons that I love them. There is one for each school. They can be based on coolness, power, or anything else you like about the spell! Make your own list and compare with mine by putting it as a comment on this post! Enjoy!

Ice: As my own school, this one is a tough choice for me, but I have to go with Balefrost. That's right, not old Frosty the Giant or Colossus or Tower Shield (all of which I am fond of). This spell is awesome--at just two pips, it gives ice spells 35% higher damage! Use an ice positive or two, a couple traps, and one whopping damage spell. There is the secret to boss-pwnage, for lack of a better term.

Fire: Yes, I am a dog person, which might make me a little biased--but it's Heckhound. Especially when used by a Pyromancer, preferably with lots of power pips and positives! This guy can deal massive damage in those three turns, if powered up enough. Ah, yes, Briskbreeze Tower has taught me much, including the effectiveness of a decent damage over time spell.

Storm: So Wild Bolt gets a close second, but I have to say, Kraken has really grown on me. When you're in a pinch, pull out that Kraken (if it doesn't fizzle) for only four pips, and make a reasonably large dent in that monster! Sure, Kraken isn't as powerful or cool as a Triton or Storm Lord, but it's totally under-appreciated! So thank you good Kraken for all you have done for us!

Myth: Absolutely Ninja Pig. This will never change. First, they're ninjas, and they're also pigs. It's pure awesomeness in the form of a fat pink animal wearing a mask and chucking weapons at people. LOVE IT!!! It also does a fair amount of damage--640, I think. Not too shabby!

Life: Okay, okay, I have succumbed to the crazy fabulousness of the final spell. But seriously, you don't get much better than Rebirth. It's a tree that gives all the members of your team 650 HP, plus an absorb for 400! I do love a good Dryad or Seraph, but Rebirth is the icing on the cake (the good icing, not the gross hardening kind. Can icing go stale?).

Death: Here's a really great one-pip spell: Feint. This is a useful spell for boss fights, but I would suggest preparing yourself for a strong hit afterward. It gives your opponent a 70% any-attack trap, and the user a 30% of the same type. Just remember, bosses are not dumb. They will figure you out and hit your weak points if you don't defend yourself! So anyway, save Feint for either a low-cost low-power attack to finish the job, or use it at max pips when you want to fire off your biggest attack and make it sting!

Balance: For you aspiring Sorcerers--I really hate to tell you this, but Hydra is totally overrated. What's really great is Power Nova. Another final spell, I know, but I can't help myself. It's a burning sphere of balance that shoots itself at everyone and deals LOTS O' DAMAGE!!! So even though Hydra looks much cooler, and makes a sweet pet, it's Power Nova that you should be looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment