Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I like it...but I don't get it

I've been thinking about some things in the game that I like but do not understand. KI, if you're out there, please assist. Here are four examples.

1) Jumping. WHAT I LIKE: It's fun, everyone jumps. You can get some big air off a staircase, jump into water, and leap around on mounts for even more enjoyment. WHAT I DON'T GET: what's the point? You can't jump over stuff. Sure it's fun, but it has no real purpose...does it?
2) Sir Reginald Baxby. WHAT I LIKE: He's a zebra with a hat. What's not to like? WHAT I DON'T GET: So I understand that he is working to keep young wizards safe, but how can he do that when he's just standing there quietly on the side of the road, not even where there are monsters? Rule 'A' of fighting wizards: fight magic with magic, not guns. It won't work.
3) The magical rainbow in Grizzleheim. WHAT I LIKE: Yay for walking on rainbows! You hear little sparkly magic noises when you go across! Quite fun. There is also a mini-rainbow in the myth-themed house! WHAT I DON'T GET: Rainbows are supposed to be visions, not bridges. And what do rainbows have to do with the Viking world of Grizzleheim? I'm sorry, but why couldn't it just be a normal bridge?
4) The Centaur's arrow. WHAT I LIKE: That is one cool arrow if it can grow a tree, destroy it, and make all the little pieces come back to hit the opponent; all in the time it takes to eat a piece of chocolate (that's right, I timed it). It's also cool how the arrow is in slow-mo when it's shot. WHAT I DON'T GET: I think the arrow would hurt a lot more if it just nailed the person. But there is a sort of reasonable explanation that I devised. You see, the Centaur should absolutely have been a myth spell, but because a final life damage spell was needed, this guy had to be changed to fit the role. So they made it associated with trees. It's actually a good idea, if you think about it. But I still don't get the slow-motion thing.

Have anything you like but don't understand? Tell me about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment