Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Mount Madness!

On the ever-intruiging topic of mounts...I personally think that they are some of the most desirable items in the game. Not only do they look super-cool, but they give you a nice speed boost for those long journeys between quests. Here is my opinion on each different type of mount.

Enchanted Broom (5000 Crowns): It's the classic broom design, and low-cost. Perfect for a wizard who loves the functional and is not an animal person.
Purple Glider/Horned Sweeper (7000 Crowns): The Glider features a purple grip and star-shaped amethyst-looking tip (more "girly", shall we say). The Sweeper is sky blue where the other is purple, and is tipped with the head of a dragon. Although these are a little more fancy-looking than the enchanted broom, they are essentially the same.
Faithful Dragoness/Dark Redwing/Blue Dragon (15000 Crowns): The Dragoness is pink, the Redwing is crimson, and the Blue is...well...blue. Dragons are very regal creatures, and I have to say--I envy those who are fortunate enough to call themselves dragon riders. I especially like their little wing flutter as they come down from a jump. They are expensive, though, so not the best choice for someone looking to save Crowns (like me).
Chestnut Pony (5000 Crowns): This pony is a cute little guy, with a windswept black mane and, well, a chestnut coat. The horses happen to be my favorite mounts for no reason in particular, and this one is a sweet deal at just 5000 Crowns. I really have no idea why it costs less, but remember to never underestimate pony power, even if it is 2000 Crowns cheaper than horse power.
White Mare (7000 Crowns): A classic white horse with a bluish mane and tail. Plus the mane is really quite stylish. My only issue with this mount is the weird purply eyeshadow and strangely long eyelashes. I don't get it. These things add a certain amount of unnecessary girliness, which is okay if you like that kind of stuff. But it's not for me.
Black Stallion (7000 Crowns): This one is my personal preferred mount (let's call it a PPM). Sleek, jet black coat, spiky black mane and little goatee-thing. Plus it doesn't look so goofy because its mouth is closed, unlike the other horses, which are grinning. In my opinion, this is definitely the coolest horse available.
Royal Lioness (10000 Crowns): I am a fan of the big cats, don't get me wrong. But the lioness looks like she could lose a couple pounds...lay off the snickerdoodles, know what I'm saying? But seriously, if you love the idea of riding a noble beast such as this, then knock yourself out! Not literally, please.
Proud Lion (15000 Crowns): Yep, more lion power! To me, this cool fellow, mane and all, is a little less fat than the lioness. It might just be me--I'm sorry, Royal Lioness, I still love you.
Bengal Tiger (15000 Crowns): We got any Cincinnati Bengals fans? Detroit Tigers? Any other one of the billions of tiger sports teams? Well it's your lucky day! The tiger is dark orange (I kind of expected a lighter orange) with the usual black stripes. I really like this one, but it's 15000. Not on my budget. But it's okay--I really just like looking at 'em.
(This mount is now unavailable) Charity Meowmodon (7500 Crowns): First of all, it's sort of a strange name. I don't know why they couldn't have named it 'White Tiger' for gosh' sake, but I accept. Second--it makes you feel good to buy it because proceeds go to a childrens' charity! Yay! Third--then it makes you feel kinda sad, because it only gives you a 30% speed boost, unlike the usual 40%. Then it makes you feel happy again, because this is one sweet ride, folks. So please, don't turn it down because it's only 10% less speed. Have a heart. And good taste in mounts.
Bat/Seraph/Swiftshadow Wings (7000 Crowns): They're pretty amazing, because they let you show your wands and they make flapping noises. The Seraph Wings are white and feathery, "Just like a real Seraph's wings." The bat wings are relatively similar to those of a Blood Bat, which is pretty darn cool. They're grey-brown and all ripped up, and yet they still propel you...and the newer Swiftshadows are like black Seraph Wings!
Dream Filly (10000 Crowns): YAAAAAAY! The long-desired Unicorn Mount has finally graced us with its presence! It looks very similar to the Unicorn pet/spell, with a pale blue mane and tail, and a decorative leafy ring around the base of its neck. I <3 UNICORNS!!!
Swift Shark (15000 Crowns): If you want a fierce, exotic ride, go for the shark. It has a layered red, black, and gold saddle. But wait--you ask, "How does a shark live out of water?" Well, my inquisitive imaginary friend, this shark floats. That's right. It hovers above the ground!!! AHHH SO COOL!!

So, what is your PPM (personal preferred mount)? What mounts would you like to see added to the game? I'd love to hear your ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment